Designer: Story Design, Ltd.
Project Size: 345,000 sq. ft.
Based in Lyon Station, PA, East Penn Manufacturing is a manufacturer, distributor, and recycler of batteries and battery accessories. The company sought to expand their current operation in Oelwein, Iowa.
Story was the design-builder for this project. Design began in January 2016, and construction was completed in January of 2018.
- 40 acre greenfield site
- 345,000 sq. ft. pre-engineered & conventional steel frame building with pre-cast concrete & insulated metal panel exterior
- Occupancies include: B, F2, S2 and H3
- 35 dock doors with multiple dock and truck restraint systems
- Site includes 58,000 square yards of concrete paving with truck scales, guard shacks, and a 15,000 sq. ft. truck maintenance building
- Building structures, roof, and fire protection designed to FM global standards
- 24 miles of pipe
- Over 200 miles of wire
- 1,365 control valves
- 3,500 hours of BIM coordination & modeling